How to Spark Curiosity for Effective Team Planning
While it makes sense that leaders are seeing an atrophy in curiosity, being inquisitive is vitally important in the process of planning.
Fortunately, there’s a plan for that.
10 Facilitation Techniques for Sparking Curiosity
- Create times to plan as a team…frequently.
- Encourage them to bring their ideas and curiosity.
- Model curiosity: be inquisitive; demonstrate active listening.
- Understand the motivations of each team member, and ask questions which connect their motivations to the objectives and possible solutions.
- Ask open-ended questions, like: “What if…” and “What would it look like if…”
- Trade judging ideas for asking questions with the aim of building on their ideas.
- Compliment others for their curiosity.
- Share your ideas only after everyone has shared theirs.
- Break so that each team member can have solo time to reflect and imagine.
- Reconvene to share more and proceed with making decisions.
Save 20% Off An Interactive Keynote this Spring
A multi-faceted service package to equip and galvanize you and your team(s) with proven strategies and skills.
Savings ends this Friday, March 31, 2023 for bookings in April and May.
This limited time offer is designed to give you and your team(s) the opportunity to experience planning to be your best, with tools for each of you to apply new strategies and skills that will accelerate your success…and reduce stress.
- Pre-event assessment and evaluation
- Pre-event team engagement
- Primary virtual interactive keynote
- PLAN TO BE YOUR BEST Workbooks
- My Plan Online Gateway for each team member
- Secondary virtual team meeting
- Post-event assessment
- Post-event team engagement
Choose your topic or work with Rick to personalize one for you and your team.
PLAN TO BE YOUR BEST
…As You Navigate Change
…As a Team
…As You Navigate Pain
Previous facilitators were not nearly as effective as you. Your methodology is much more precise and you galvanized us. Thank you for your innovative approach.
For Details and Pricing…
Arrange a Preliminary Meeting with Rick
This can include a complimentary demo of one of the PLAN TO BE YOUR BEST programs.