How to Set Goals in Times of Uncertainty
#7 in the series: Lessons from Seven Knee Surgeries
I believe this is the most significant lesson I’ve learned from the seven surgeries, 40+ years of pain management and these last few years with a considerable dilemma and uncertainty. And I think you’ll agree that the lesson applies fully to business and life in general.
If you’re facing uncertainties of your own, especially if stress is overwhelming you, and you find that setting goals is a challenge, grab a pen and paper or open your phone to take notes, then write down your answers to the questions below.
My best to you,
- What are those things you can do? Make a list. And consider this: ideally they are actions or activities which redirect your focus and help move you from a state of inertia to a more positive place with renewed energy. Keep adding to your list in the days ahead.
- Who can you team-up with so that you have someone who will be a sounding board for you; a trusted ally who will be encouraging as well as an accountability partner?
- Contact your ally, get their support, then share with them your list. Modify it as you see fit.
- Practice. Practice. Practice. Try out each item on your list at least a few times to experience what works and what you might change.
- As you reflect on your list of process-oriented goals, what realizations do you gain? (If you don’t see any, call me.)
“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
– Pablo Picasso
I look forward to your thoughts...
Rick’s strategic framework,
PLAN TO BE YOUR BEST
…As You Navigate Change.
Pick a date and time for 30 minutes.
Get In Touch with Rick
Leave a direct message for Rick:
International Service from
Boston, MA USA